Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Wow. I really have even more to be thankful for this week. The Lord is so good. He keeps blessing and blessing and blessing. The blessings are overtaking me at every step!

First of all, I am so very thankful for the visit that we just had with my parents. The visits with my parents have not always gone well and some have been downright awful. (and they would attest to that) However, this trip was very different. It was fun, relaxing, and we definitely made some good memories. I honestly enjoyed being with my parents and spending the time with them. I had a very good time with my mom and had good talks with her and lots of laughs. I was very sad when they left and I have missed them the last two days. I am so thankful that everything went so well, that there were no arguments or problems, that we had good weather for the zoo, that both birthdays went well, that my mom enjoyed her birthday and that we are building a stronger foundation now, then we have ever had.

Secondly, I am thankful for results of my friend's gestational diabetes test. She was very worried about it and I am so thankful that it all came out well. Thank You God for always providing!

And lastly I am thankful for the knowledge the Bible gives us about God's kingdom so I can improve my life and make it the best life possible. I am thankful that I can help meet the needs of other people in my life and I can do God's work in whatever he needs me to do.

Oh!! Oh!! And as a purely selfish thing, I am thankful that I won a contest! That's right!! I won Chocolatherapy from 5 Minutes for Mom! Thank you guys so much!!

To see other Thankful Thursdays, click here

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kahri,

Loved your list. I enjoyed visiting your place. I especially loved the last item on your list.

Neat about the contest! congrats!

Ruth said...

You won a contest?! That's great. I don't seem to win a lot of those!! Chocolatherapy sounds wonderful!

Thanks for sharing your thankful list! I'm almost done with school, and then I will tackle some of these lists, too!

Ruth said...

ROFL! Chocolatherapy is a BOOK. Hehehe!! I had NO idea. I'm picturing 10 pounds or so of chocolate being delivered to your house. Well, the book sounds good, too. Enjoy!!

Alycia said...

I always love reading your posts! You alwasy shine with God's joy. Blessings to you and congratulations on winning the contest!

Denise said...

I always enjoy your thankful heart, bless you.

Lyndy said...

So glad you had a nice visit with your family. You truly do have a sweet heart and it shines through on your blog.

Hopeful Spirit said...

Congrats on winning! That's very special. Glad your visit went well, as did your friend's test. :-)

Have a wonderful week.

Terri @ in His hands said...

Congrats on winning the contest! How great is that! So happy to read about your parents visit.

Enjoyed your list--thanks for sharing!

Blessings~

Mary said...

Glad you had a better time with your parents. God wants our relationships healed. Congrats on the contest. Very cool! Blessings on your day.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors on your blog. The Thankful Thursday looks like its made to go here. Congrats on winning Chocolatherapy and more congrats on your family's visit.

Blessings.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Praise the Lord for parents--even when they can be difficult.

Pen of Jen said...

Very neat to have won a contest, check out my penofjen blog, and see my youngest HM ever!!!

marlise said...

I was blessed and encouraged by reading your list. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That is a great list! We have had our challenging visits with my parents, too. I'm glad your's went well! God is good!

Lori said...

Yes, God is good and always comes thru when we need him. Great list! While your at it, please keep praying for our troops and their families.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

What a great list. I too was blessed by your readings. God is truly good.

Please keep my family in your prayers as my son will be leaving for Marine Boot Camp on July 23. We are ALL going to need prayer for strength to get through this.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace be with you.

Lori said...

Wow congrats on the winning. A great list indeed.

Have a wonderful day.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the contest win. You thankful post makes me miss my folks. I don't see them very often. Love the Michael Card music!

Blessings to you!

Susanne said...

I love the way you Shine for Jesus in your blog posts, especially today with your Thankful List. Way to go on winning the contest!! (I had never won anything in my life until a couple of months ago. I went to a jewelry party and my ticket was drawn for "mystery hostess". I won 400 dollars worth of jewelry!! SO FUN!!)

Nise' said...

Congrats on winning Chocolatherapy! What could be better!! Be sure to eat chocolate while you read! LOL. Glad your visit with your parents went so well! Thanks for sharing.

Deena Peterson said...

YAY for your book and YAY for your visit going so well!!

eph2810 said...

I am so thrilled to read that you had a wonderful visit with your parents. Great that you were able to build some great memories.
It is always wonderful to hear about good test results...
The Bible is such life-giving tool. I was reading Proverbs 12 today -- oh my, I really need to keep my tongue in check.
Congrats on the contest win :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Unknown said...

Hey!!

So happy to see you blogging again. I'm glad to "hear" that you had a nice visit with your parents. :)

And YAY for good GD test results! I really hate the way they test for that (not just because it tastes awful but other reasons)! I'm sure she's glad to have that all done with!

By the grace of God ... said...

I'm a day late visiting, but enjoyed your list. In a way I"m glad I visited now so I can pray for your daughter! I am about an hour from Kansas City. Praying all is well!!