Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One month to go


Well we have one month to go for school. Although we usually school all summer long, because of Brittany's mission trip we are taking the month of July off. We are also taking the first few weeks of August off, so we will actually have about 6 weeks of vacation!

I won't know what to do with myself.
Really.
I'm serious.

I do so much better when we are doing school because I have a schedule to follow every day! I am already starting my "to do" list for while we are off school. It mostly consists of planning for next year! LOL. I know it. I am a homeschool addict. I just can't put the books away...

This last month we are finishing up Oklahoma History. Most of the girls' other books we won't finish up "on time" but I am scheduling the school year around their history. Next year we will be doing Ancient History again. We are using From Ancient History: Adam to the Messiah by Robin Sampson of Heart of Wisdom. We started using it last year and I loved it. The books she uses as sources are amazing. I can't wait to start!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Hello, I just found this blog. In my country we don't home school, but we keep the children school active in the summer holidays so I will be coming here for tips as this will be my first year and i have no idea what to do!!!!

Momma Roar said...

A new blog - fun!! I love the Heart of Wisdom stuff! Mine are a little young to use the unit studies, but I plan to supplement our regular curriculum with them in the future. I have the HOW teaching approach book and I just love it. There are so many things I can use with the kids now - it doesn't matter that they are too young for the units. LOVE IT! Are you a member of the HOW yahoo group? Lots of good info there!
Blessings!

Pen of Jen said...

I like this idea, great and expect me around awhile!