Thursday, May 10, 2007

Peculiar

I've been meaning to write these out for Comfy Denim who wrote about being Peculiar, also.

Peculiar by David Ingles

The further I go walking in the Word,
The things I say the world thinks absurd;
Confessing the best is mine is my routine
Schooling the man inside, the brand new me.

*Chorus*
I'm peculiar,
and gettin more peculiar
Walkin round talkin prosperity,
livin in health with my spirit free;
Peculiar, and gettin more peculiar,
And when society doesn't agree,
that's a good indication to me!

Religious folk sometimes,
they get upset
Hearing that we have what we confess;
Green with envy,
watching me succeed
Watching my God supply my ev'ry need

*Chorus*

Though we're in it,
we're not of this world,
The Light has come
and the Word's unveiled;
No way natural thinking can agree
Peculiar are the ways of God's new breed.

*Chorus*



And here is another one:

For we are a chosen generation,
a royal priesthood,
a holy nation
a peculiar people
who have shown forth the praises of Him
who has called you out of darkness, out of darkness, out of darkness
into His marvelous light, into His marvelous light.
And I will sing Hallelujah,
Praise to the King
And I will sing Hallelujah
and show forth the praises of Him
who has called you out of darkness, out of darkness, out of darkness
into His marvelous light, into His marvelous light.

(I couldn't find these words in my David Ingles songbook. Susan, did I get them all right?)

Of course the songs would sound better if you could hear them, but I wanted to share the lyrics with y'all because they are special to me!

No comments: