Thursday, January 04, 2007
Thirteen Resolutions for the New Year
Although I haven't looked at everyone else's Thursday 13s, I am assuming quite a few are resolutions. I hadn't had a chance to write mine down yet (yes I "do" resolutions, no matter how trite it seems...I love new beginnings) so I thought this was a good excuse. :-)
1. Bible Reading and Prayer Time everyday. (by myself and then with Michael in the evenings)
2. Consistently speaking The Word over situations in our life and claiming our victory rather than resorting to wallowing.
3. Making our home notebook and keeping up with it - including chores, laundry, meal planning and meal making.
4. Planning ahead for school after Ethan's birth. Making notebooks for the kids with their assignments and worksheets already ready for them.
5. Keeping the pregnancy weight loss and adding to it. (yes, I LOSE weight while pregnant. So far in this pregnancy approx 40 lbs) Check out this blog, I don't know her, but she is one of my heroes. :-)
6. Seeking(and following)God's will first in every situation and opportunity.
7. Teaching and encouraging my girls to do the same.
8. Submitting myself and family to a budget.
9. Staying on top of thank you notes, birthdays, anniversaries and such. At least acknowledging with a card.
10. Making sure I am submitting my will to God's in what I watch, listen to and read. (Phil 4:8-9)
11. Encouraging and guiding my family in being more proactive, rather than reactive.
12. Looking at my to do list and calendar every day. (doing it would be nice, too, but it would be nice if I'd remember to look at it!)
13. Be less of a consumer (One that consumes, especially one that acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership rather than for resale or use in production and manufacturing), more of a declutterer and simplifier.
I realize some of these are going to be hard to quantify and measure, but I will work on that tomorrow or this weekend. With only an hour left in Thursday, I better get my 13 posted. :-) For other Thursday Thirteen blogs click here.
For help keeping your goals, check out one of this wonderful blog and her idea for SMART Saturdays: The Lazy Organizer
at 5:10 PM