Saturday, January 20, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday #3



Well I didn't have a very good week as far as my new habits. I DID find my prayer journal and then never looked at it again! Go figure! I did not have any time with hubby for bible reading and did no bible reading during the day. I am reading a Kenneth Hagin book on prayer and I did look up bible verses from that on several days, but that was the total of my bible/prayer time.

I did decide on getting the Polestar Family Calendar and ordered it while I was half asleep on one of the overnights with Kaedra. (in fact, I forgot I ordered it until I got the confirmation the next day! LOL) Last week Lara asked why I didn't just always print out my pages. I have tried that several times before! But I decided I like to have them all bound together and professional looking and pre-made. I spend a lot of time making and not so much time using. I am trying to tip the odds in the other direction!

So of my 4 habits:
1. prayer time/bible time (during the day)
2. prayer time/bible time with hubby
3. keep using household journal and remember to refer to it daily!
4. Figure out what system I am going to use and pare the other ones down.

I only got #4 done! I did use my journal the first few days of the week. Then hubby took off Wednesday and I lost my focus for the rest of the week! LOL

So here were my to dos for this past week: (I'll cross off the ones I did)
1. organize Ethan's clothes and put away in our room
2. put up our Munchkin cart
3. get carseat out of attic and wash cover
4. pack my hospital bag
5. get out (after ice melts) and buy the few things I need before Ethan gets here
6. get diapers out of the attic and test them to see if they still work! (I bought about 4-5 packs of diapers for Kaedra but, since she was hospitalized for 10 months, never had to use them with her. I don't know if the tape on them will be any good after 2 years of hot and cold in the attic...I was talking to my friend Denise and we decided I could just use duct tape all the way around his belly!! LOL)
7. Clean up, declutter and organize living room. [STARTED]
8. Get laundry done! (even if it means taking it to a laundromat) [ALMOST]
9. get school schedule made for next few months.
10. Get Emily's school put into individual daily sections.
11. Girls clean school room. [STARTED]

This coming week I am going to work on:
1. prayer time/bible time (during the day)
2. prayer time/bible time with hubby
3. keep using household journal and remember to refer to it daily!
4. My new habit is to get off the computer at 9am and only get on for 1 hour during the rest of the day. (this will be a major change for me!)

My to dos are:
1. get diapers out of the attic and test them to see if they still work! (I bought about 4-5 packs of diapers for Kaedra but, since she was hospitalized for 10 months, never had to use them with her. I don't know if the tape on them will be any good after 2 years of hot and cold in the attic...I was talking to my friend Denise and we decided I could just use duct tape all the way around his belly!! LOL)
2. Clean up, declutter and organize living room.
3. Get laundry done! (even if it means taking it to a laundromat)
4. get school schedule made for next few months.
5. Get Emily's school put into individual daily sections.
6. Girls finish cleaning school room.
7. thank yous done (today)
8. Get Kaedra to bed earlier (requires changing her whole schedule and habits too).
9. Clean "pantry"
10. I have LOTS of other stuff I want to do and I don't know what/when. So my last thing is to make a master list of to dos and prioritize it and start implementing it.

To see other SMART Saturdays, go to Lazy Organizer's Blog.

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are definitely making progress and that is what is most important.

Good luck getting everything done and make sure you prioritize well since Ethan could come any day :) !!

I am curious to see how you do with limited computer time. I might have to think about that one.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your list is too long!
I had a list longer than that and found it daunting. So I decided to do my organising/de-cluttering on a daily basis.
One job, one day and scrapped the list!

Lara said...

I'm glad you ordered your planner. Now all you have to do is use it! It just takes practice if you are not already in the habit. I can't tell you how many years it took me to finally use a daily planner. Even now I have room for improvement. I write things down and then forget to look at it!

Misslionheart has a good idea for you to work on one habit at a time. I know I have trouble tackling more than that.

See you on Saturday!

Lorie said...

Okay so as a mom getting ready to deliver soon too...probably Feb 6th, I know why your list looks like that. Everyday I think about all the things I need to get done on my house before this baby comes. I tell myself not to do it but I still did. So, one thing that helped me is I made a chain out of paper, you know the kind like you make to put on a Christmas tree. I have a day for every link until the baby is going to come (or my scheduled c-section date). On each link, I listed one thing I wanted to work on to get ready for the baby that day. It has been so much easier for me to make sure I get that one thing done. My feet are getting pretty swollen by the end of the day right now so really that is about all I have been able to do to get ready for the baby and it usually gets done. I also like the chain link because it is counting down the days for me and I am getting "excited"! My ds loves it too!