Sunday, August 07, 2005

If I didn't know how the devil works, I would say that God was giving me some good stories this weekend already! I woke up early this morning and kissed my hubby goodbye then went back to sleep for a few hours. I got up about 7 and the girls got up soon after. I took Emily to Grandma's and Britty and I went to Lowe's to pick up stucco and supplies for redoing our kitchen while Michael is gone.....aka the BIG surprise! Sherria met us at the house at 10 and we got everything out of the kitchen and taped all the cabinets, windows, ceiling, walls, etc. We started stuccoing around 1130 or so and after a few trial and error things we got done about 2pm. We needed to go get another bucket of stucco to do a second coat, so we did that and got some lunch and came back. As soon as we started to put the second coat on, the wall started peeling. Soon an entire wall of stucco had come down including the paper in back of it and the first few layers of drywall. There were several places this happened so we ended up with only about 1/4 of the room remaining stucco'd. We needed to get cleaned up to go get Emmy and go to church, so we did that and after church we were going out to eat with some friends. That was perfectly wonderful and relaxing. Until we realized how much work we had left at home. Soooo, we left there, went and got Sherria's overnight stuff and went back to Lowes (3rd time) for some primer. We explained to the salesperson what happened and he was VERY helpful and gave us a primer to use to not have it happen again. We got home about 945 and started working again. We primed the messed up places, went over the still stucco'd places and then stucco'd the primed plaes when they were dry. We are now ready for bed. (more than ready.....) The neighbors are having a BIG b'day party with a live band and a pool party. It is STILL going on and it is after midnight. They told me they would keep it down after midnight. I think I am tired enough now to sleep through anything.....

well....off to the shower and then to bed. Got to be at church bright eyed and bushy tailed. We are going to finish it up tomorrow. I think it will look great!

Many blessings to all who read this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new kitchen. I bet it will end up looking gorgeous!!

Denise