Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Boot Camp Day Three

We are still working on the seven things that we have done the last two days. I am making a chart so the kids can show that they have helped each other each day. This is in response to: "We think of others first and put that into action by helping and encouraging each other." I hate to put it in a chart and see them do it JUST for the chart, but I am praying it will become a habit after much practice.

Our new thing today is showing gratefulness. We are going to continue to work on thank you notes and we are also going to make sure we notice and appreciate all the things everyone does for each other in this family. I think we will have a time at dinner where we thank everyone for specific things they have done as well as in general.

Each child also has been working on their individual issues and I think they have been doing really well! They aren't "cured" yet, but they are definitely on their way. I think next week's school will be much easier!

BTW, I have a list at Amazon of what I think the best child training books are.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think the rule of thumb is, it takes 30 days to form a habit.
Susan