Sunday, November 27, 2005

School on the brain

Sorry I haven't written in awhile, again. Life just keeps getting in the way of reporting life. LOL! I am in the midst of working on a school schedule and deciding what we are going to be studying for the remainder of the year. Because Brittany was in Albuquerque for most of October, and because we take off two weeks in December, she won't be done with school until around June 30th. I hadn't really had a chance to make a plan yet, I was just flying by the seat of my pants. But you know the saying....."if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!" I wasn't happy with how things are going. I finally took the time this weekend and have been working on it. I have the "three Rs" scheduled...now I just have to put in everything else. The biggest chunk, of course, will be history. Most of our school revolves around history. And that is a pretty amazing thing, considering that I really didn't like history in high school or college. Actually, I think THAT is why I like it now....I am learning so much more as I teach Britty!!

My parents are coming to visit this week...probably on Wednesday. I don't know how long they are staying. It will be a good time. I am looking forward to it. I even have decided not to clean for it!! Isn't that amazing?? ROFL. I just mean, I usually get so stressed when people come to visit, and I am not going to stress this time. I am what I am. My house is what it is. Linda was laughing at me on Thursday because I was TOTALLY not stressed about Thanksgiving being at my house. In fact, at 9am, Thanksgiving morning, when we finished eating breakfast, the house was a mess, nothing had been cooked, none of us were dressed or showered. By the time people came at 11, we were clean, the house was picked up and the oven was emitting yummy odors. And no stress. :-) It was amazing. Of course, I wasn't cooking the turkey, so I don't recommend that method to people in charge of making the whole meal!! LOL

Well back to school planning now.....Many blessings to my readers!!!

No comments: