Friday, November 04, 2005

Not much new

Not much new around here....No nurse today, so I spent most of the day in Kaedy's room with her. We had a good time although Satan is trying to give her a little head cold. We are not accepting it. We have never heard of a "heavenly head cold" and if it's not from heaven, it's not from God and if it's not from God, we don't accept it! HALLELUJAH! :-)

We moved our computer desk today, which was a big deal since it has been in the same place for 2 years. It is amazing how clean the carpet was under it. I love the new place where the computer is: I can see right into Kaedy's room and it is not in the way anymore. I also have a window I can stare out of! LOL. It looked nicer the other way, but this way is more functional, so we will keep it like this. I got to dust all around it and in it, too, which was great and makes me feel MUCH better about the thing.

I don't know if I ever wrote our new nursing schedule. It is awesome. We have nursing 20 hours per day which is basically 10pm one night until 6pm the next night. (We take care of her ourselves from 6-10pm) Linda changed her schedule on Wednesdays to allow me to go to church on Weds nights, so she now works 11-9, instead of 8-6. She also is allowed to work extra hours on Sunday, since we have no nursing at all during the day on Fri and Sat, so Michael and I are both able to go to church on Sunday. He goes to the morning service and I go to the evening service. The girls get to go to both. Our new schedule is great for going to church and having Kaedy to ourselves in the evening. We have been bringing her out in her exersaucer while I prepare dinner and she has been sitting at the table with us during dinner! YEAH!! NORMALCY!!!

Kaedra is signing a lot more now. She even has a sense of humor! Linda asked her for kisses the other day and Kaedy signed that they were "all gone" then smiled really big! She also does the signs for Mommy, eat, drink, and play pretty regularly. It is wonderful to be able to communicate with her!

No comments: