Tuesday, April 10, 2007

updates

I had a friend ask me last week if things were settling down. (by the way Sammi, email me! I can't get through your firewall at work!) I realized I haven't given any updates lately so here we go:


Ethan is getting to be such a big boy! He is much better at nursing now and he is still pretty good at sleeping at night. He cries a whole lot less; although he still has his moments. The best part is that he SMILES! That makes everything worthwhile. He always wants to be held but he is not as particular about who holds him as Emily was and he has already had his first experience in the nursery at church without me! Of course Ashton was the teacher that night and he loves her. He has a dr appt tomorrow for his first shots.

Kaedra has her next rib surgery next Friday. Michael is taking her up to Kansas City this time without me. They will leave Thursday morning and hopefully get home late Saturday or sometime Sunday. Yesterday was her first time in quite awhile where she was off of her oxygen all day. Hallelujah! She absolutely adores her little brother and she is becoming a big helper. She loves helping with everything. (In fact, at the Easter egg hunt at church on Sunday night, I think that she thought they were just cleaning up the grass. I don't think she had any idea the eggs were supposed to be treats for her. Of course, since she doesn't eat, they were technically treats for Brittany (who is in youth now, so she didn't have an egg hunt). Kaedra finished long before Britty wanted her too! LOL

Emily has started reading! We are using 100 easy lessons to teach your child to read and we do it while I am sitting feeding Ethan. She is doing great and picking it up very well. She has cooked two things recently and she really loves doing it. She loves holding Ethan and sometimes she's the only one who can calm him down. :-)

Brittany is really getting geared up for her mission trip. She has a "rock-a-thon" next week at church to earn money. She (and the other people going) are starting Spanish lessons this week and they will be working on the plays that they are going to be doing down there. She is doing great in school and is getting more independent all the time. She loves Oklahoma history (as do I) and she is doing great in Latin. She has a blog now, but doesn't have a lot of time to work on it.

I am doing great. We are walking a mile almost every day which I really love. I am following routines all day long and getting more organized in my life and my house. We are eating better and I am still taking iron and I am feeling pretty good.

Michael is doing pretty good. No more back problems. I got him an MP3 player for our anniversary and he LOVES that.

Life is definitely settling down and it's wonderful. I am not one who thrives on chaos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Kahri! I was happy to see it. Glad things are settling down for you. I don't do well with chaos either. ~Kim B.

Ruth said...

I just came over from Penless Writer's blog. I LOVE the music that plays. I'll have to look into that. Your family looks wonderful. I'd like to come back and visit you some more if you don't mind.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am glad life is settling down for you and I hope Kaedra's surgery goes well next week. We will keep her in our prayers!

I am so happy Ethan is smiling for you! What a fun stage!