Saturday, April 21, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday 4/21/07




Smart Habit Saturday
Wow one week has seemed to undo a lot of work! Even some of the things I thought I really had down have slipped this week. Part of it was Michael was home half the week and we are always topsy turvy when he is home during the day. (in a good way, though) I really can't put my finger on why else I didn't do well....I didn't even think about my habits this week very much. I really need to go back to square one. Or at least square two or three.

Anyway, as for last week's habit of making a schedule and sticking to it, I worked on a schedule but never got it done. I am going to finish that up this weekend. Although I wouldn't under normal circumstances add another habit at this point, I am really needing to work on something and next week is the perfect time--




Michael doesn't want to participate in this but when he is not home, I am going to make sure the TV is off. I have slowly slid into a bad habit of letting Emmy and Kaedra watch TV during the day. I am getting rid of that next week and keeping it gone after that.

My past goals have been:
wk 1: praying and bible reading this week hasn't been good for this
wk 2: referring to planner everyday started off well, didn't continue
wk 3: get off computer at 9am and off for rest of day did fine on this
wk 4: new laundry schedule and laundry put away every day did half the week
wk 5: stopped caffeine --no problem
wk 6: added fruit to breakfast --did all but one day
wk 7: added veggie to lunch --did everyday
wk 8: portion sizes --did everyday
wk 9: writing down what I eat every day --didn't do at all
wk 10: walking every day did a few times
wk 11: re-working on everything
wk 12: getting Kaedy bug fed on time had two bad days with this
wk 12: making a schedule and sticking to it read above post

If you are interested in seeing more people's SHS check out Lazy Organizer's site. Feel free to jump in and join us at any point!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for joining us in the TV Turn-Off Week Blog Challenge! I too, have a list of goals for next week. It will be fun to see how we all do at the end of the week. I look forward to reading more from you! Good luck and enjoy your week!

Montserrat said...

I was going to work on sticking to a schedule too but decided I'd try something easier. I don't know why sticking to a schedule is so hard for me!

We're turning the TV off this week too. Good luck!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I think you are making wonderful progress. It is hard to keep up all these habits, but I think we are doing better than we were in January.

Good luck with unplugging the TV. You are brave. We don't watch very much, but I need my American Idol fix :)!!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I think you are making wonderful progress. It is hard to keep up all these habits, but I think we are doing better than we were in January.

Good luck with unplugging the TV. You are brave. We don't watch very much, but I need my American Idol fix :)!!

Kara said...

Good luck with your goal this week!

Michelle said...

Good luck with your no-TV goal this week. I let my girls watch one movie a day but that's it. I do watch a little TV when they go to bed but not a lot. I think that's a great goal to watch NONE! Good luck!

Lara said...

What a great habit for this week! Sometimes it's difficult to get the husband on board but prayer really works for that!

The Zandi Zoo said...

I am joining you on the no TV for a week challenge> Vince isn't thrilled but I think he will survive. LOL! everyone else is pretty much for it. even with all the kids, the house is SO much quieter. YAY!!!