Sunday, April 13, 2008

Severe Measures

Severe Times call for Severe Measures.

I admit it, I am resorting to bribery.

We are REALLY out of sync on our chores around here. I thought of a new system but then realized...hey, our system works! We don't need a new system, we need to stick with it! So I am paying the kids. I am giving them a dollar for each day they do all their chores and 3 dollars for a bonus if they get the whole week done.



To be honest, my kids aren't really good with bribery. That doesn't motivate them. But I haven't found anything that DOES motivate them, so I'll try this again. I even promised a trip to the store of their choice next week.

Let's see how this goes.

(This post should be after the post I never wrote yesterday called: "I QUIT" where I called my husband at work and tendered my resignation. For some reason he didn't accept it and I am still here. So, I decided to keep me from feeling the need to quit, I had better hire more help. ;-) Hence, the bribery.)

3 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

Well...actually....
It's not bribery. It's a commission.
*L* And I make the distinction because we're doing the same thing here.

We got the idea from Dave Ramsey.

We do chores for 5 days...and the kids get paid $5. $1 goes into a container (it started as an envelope) for tithing - and $1 goes aside for saving -- the remaining $3 is for spending as the child wants.

Which is how we keep getting webkinz. ;-) G saved his money and saved his money and finally bought the tiger snake.

If they don't work - they don't get paid. It's been working wonders for us here.

I'm glad you didn't quit.
I wanted to quit on Tuesday.
:-)
Good luck.

The Zandi Zoo said...

ROTFL! I agree, not bribery. We call it "incentive" here. Creative Encouragement. You are supposed to encourage your kids, right? ;-)

Our kids get different amounts each week, depends on age and skill. The older kids can do more and do it better so they get more, plus their monetary "needs" are different than little Logan's. They have tithe from their income too. See, now it isn't bribery. It's a "teaching tool."

Blessings to you, my friend. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I've been there too ;)