Monday, September 25, 2006

The straw that broke the camel's back

Or, in this case, the dryer....

Our handyman came and fixed our dryer last week. It had been broken for a few days before he came and we were SO excited to get it up and running again. Two loads after he left, it broke again.

It took him an ENTIRE week to get back out here (I don't even want to get into that story!) and he finally showed up a few minutes ago. He goes into my laundry room, takes the back off of the dryer, does something, replaces the back, shoves the dryer back in and it works fine.

What was this magic that he did?

THERE WAS A PIECE OF WICKER BASKET STUCK IN THE FAN!!!!

It kept me from laundry the whole week!

Although most people would be happy to not have to do laundry, it isn't fun when it is piling up and you don't have a way to take care of it. (we tried hanging clothes outside, but it rained on and off, so they weren't drying very quickly in the humidity...actually they were drying at the same rate they were getting stinky and moldy.....UGH)

So now I have a week and a half worth of laundry to catch up on and I am trying to decide on whether or not to go to the laundromat.......
pros: I could get 4-5 loads done at once, I could be ALL THE WAY DONE!
cons: I have to leave the house, I have to carry all the laundry, and I have to keep busy while they are washing. I may take Britty and get a start on tomorrow's school since I have my dr appt in the morning.

No comments: