Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tired of putting out fires!

Yes, Oklahoma has been having many problems with fires. No, I have not been putting out THOSE fires.

I am so glad I have Christ in me and that I can do ALL things through Him. Lately I have forgotten that and been living very reactively. I have been taking care of things at the last minute, when they HAVE to be taken care of. We are supposed to start school today but we can't because we have an exterminator coming this afternoon and there are things that have to be cleaned up before he can do his job. (We have mice...my husband's FAVORITE critter....ROFL.....without him, I would probably catch one and keep it as a pet! LOL) On top of that, I did not have a school schedule planned yet OR even my daily schedule planned. I am such a planner that I can't start my day without a plan. Well I am sure I CAN....I just don't!! And then the day drags on and on without form or substance. NO MORE OF THAT!

I am so excited that I have an opportunity for a fresh start. I am learning so much as I get ready for my seminar. I sometimes think I am the WORST person to speak about this at a seminar, but then again, I am someone who actually struggles with it, so I will be able to help others that struggle. Anyway, last night I worked on some long term goals and fitting them into my schedule. I will be able to finish that stuff up today and start a great day of school tomorrow.

I am no longer saying "I can't" and "I don't know." I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength and I know all things because I have the Spirit within me. (2 Corinthians 1:21 and 1 John 2:20,27)

I am not satisfied with mediocrity, just getting by, barely making it, etc etc. I am ready to live the abundant life that Jesus came to give us! I am not settling anymore! I am proactive and I don't even have fires to put out anymore!!! HALLELUJAH!

No comments: