Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook Jan 6, 2009


I am a day behind in my daybook. Schoolwork took precedence over everything yesterday, and being our first day back it was a little longer, so I didn't have a chance. Today is running smoothly, so here is my Daybook.



FOR TODAY January 6, 2009 (12th day of Christmas, Epiphany)...

Outside my window...beautiful male and female cardinals and two bluejays darting about

I am thinking...how blessed I am that I can stay home and teach these wonderful kids and spend my days with them.

I am thankful for...my husband's job, even if he is working 4-6 months of overnights.

From the learning rooms...Emily is just about to read her "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons," Brittany is reading about the USS Constitution, Kaedra is coloring in shapes

From the kitchen... I made sweet potato chips (any they are almost gone...yummy!) we are having fish, rice and broccoli tonight.

I am wearing... blue capri sweats and a purple flowered shirt

I am creating... a babette blanket and some baby booties for some babies at church. (Susan - Pam got tired of making socks so I am taking over for her for awhile! LOL)

I am going... to go pick up some prescriptions for Kaedra as well as some OTC stuff.

I am reading... Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee

I am hopingpraying...For Michael to get the Springfield, MO store or a store here in OK. He has an interview with Springfield (which has been our prayer for about a year!) on Friday at 3:30!

I am hearing...birds being very vocal.

Around the house...Michael is sleeping (after the second of his overnights) and I am trying to keep everyone quiet so he can get a good sleep! It is harder than you think.

One of my favorite things...a productive day of school!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
church tomorrow night, the interview on Friday, maybe a date with Michael Friday night, a date with Brittany on Saturday

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is Ian, my best friend's oldest son who became an Eagle Scout over the fall and had his Eagle Court this weekend! Congratulations Ian!!

3 comments:

Daniele said...

Good luck on the interview! Hubby is the pharmacy manager at Pine & Sheridan before that he was at Owasso.

The Zandi Zoo said...

We are still praying for Michael's job. Thank you for your support and sharing excitement with us over Ian's big achievement. I will blog about it later. I am waiting for the pics.. a friend took them for us. ;-)

Love ya! Have a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Watchman Nee's Spiritual Authority is a fantastic book!!!! Will keep Michael in prayer Friday.
Susan