Tuesday, November 28, 2006

For Trivial Pursuit Fans

Michael and I love Trivial Pursuit. We own nearly every edition that has ever come out of the game. Our newest one and our newest favorite is the 80s edition...it is totally tubular! :-)

Anyway, since we love playing so much, the girls have always wanted to play with us. I came up with an idea a few years ago that was really great and then I forgot about it for awhile. I am just getting back into doing it, and I thought I'd share it with you!

I make cards for the girls with the things they are learning in school. I change the categories a little to suit us (and of course, with all our different versions of TP, some of them have slightly different categories anyway)

Here is an example of a card for Britty:
Geography: What is the capital of North Carolina?
Entertainment: What was the name of the team in High School Musical?
History: What was King Tut's real name?
Science: What is photosynthesis?
Sports/Leisure: What game uses a shuttlecock?
Wildcard: What is 11x99?

And a card for Emily:
Geography: What is the name of our county?
Entertainment: What is Diego's sister's name?
History: Who was our first president?
Science: What are the four seasons?
Sports/Leisure: What do you need to play tennis?
Wildcard: What rhymes with room?

If you keep a stack of index cards with your school stuff, you can make a card every day or once a week, or whatever works for you, and you will have enough to play a game when you get a chance! When I run out of cards, or don't have any made, we try to think of the questions off the top of our head. It's not quite as easy, but it still works!

No comments: