Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ramblings of a mom starved for adult conversation. LOL

I have horrible news! My palm pilot died!!!! Michael had left it on the bed and it looks like Madison (our black lab) might have jumped on it and cracked the LCD screen. The glass itself is not cracked, but under the glass is all cracked. It will probably cost almost as much as my palm pilot to just get the screen fixed. :-( We are waiting to find out, though, so I am pilot-less for awhile! AHHHH!!! Reminder to self: I can do ALL things (even live without my palm pilot) through Christ who strengthens me. I feel "naked" without it. No phone numbers, no calendars, no memos, no mp3s, etc etc. :-( Oh yeah, I can do ALL things....

God is SOOO amazing!! We are back to getting a pool. I am not supposed to say where it came from, so let's just say God has provided one for us. It is a 24' pool! It hasn't been delivered yet, but we are preparing for it. We need to pick the site and kill the grass there and then the Okie people are coming to put flags in where our underground lines are. We should be getting the pool next week. WOOHOO! I can't wait for summer now! I can't even get my mind around having it. It is going to be so much fun. Especially to have cookouts, for the girls to go out and play, and for Michael and I to enjoy in the evenings! WOOHOO! Thank you, Lord!!

School has been going great lately. I have been trying different schedules including putting history first in our day, instead of last. That freed up Brittany to do Math while Emily is napping in the afternoon, so she can concentrate better. It is working out great, still a few little things that need to be tweaked. I am really relying on the Holy Spirit to direct me in this (and all things) and it is so wonderful not having to rely on my self! Our history is Ancient History this year and we are using a Biblical curriculum. It is awesome the things we are learning about Biblical history. We are still only in Genesis, but we have learned so much. There is SO much going on in Genesis, I think some of the other parts of the Bible will go much quicker. Plus, we are actually reading the Bible in chronological order, rather than book order, so we have skipped around some.

My parents are coming to visit in a week. I don't know how long they will be here. They don't know about Shooky Doo yet, so I am praying that will go well. They also don't know about my back, because my mom is a worrier and I hate to make her worry. I am not worried, I know I have the victory!

Teri Kelley and her family came over for the Superbowl. We had a great time. Her family is so sweet and we all get along so well! Michael enjoyed having a guy to hang out with again, it has been a really long time. I wish they lived nearer! Teri wants to start an organizing business but she is nervous starting one on her own. She wants to come and watch me work at Melanie's house and see how to work with people and them maybe work with me someday. She is an organizing "junkie" too! Even though she was here for almost 5 hours, it didn't seem like we had enough time! I feel that way with Tarry Donathan, too. I get to see her twice a week, when she comes to be Kaedra's nurse, but I never have enough time to talk with her. I have always thought she would be a great friend, and she only lives a mile away, but somehow we never had much of a chance...now we do!

Well I have stuff to say about Kaedra, but I will give her her own entry.

No comments: