Thursday, August 14, 2008

Brittany's Birthday Party

Brittany turned 13 on the first of this month. Yes, she is a teenager! And no, I am not worried about it! I know she will still be the precious, sweet, loving girl that she always is! I am so proud of her and can't wait to see the next 13 years and what she will be like as she grows older!

Because I had a fourth of July party for the extended family and an adoption party for family and a few friends and because I am not really a party person I just didn't want to have another party! I felt bad because I know that 13 is a HUGE number and needs something good to commemorate it! I had a few suggestions for Michael but he came up with one that Brittany really loved. He suggested that I take her and a friend out to eat and then get a hotel room for us, rent some movies, swim a little and just relax. And so, that's what we did! The only difference was, I invited Sherria to accompany me so I would not be a "third wheel" for Brittany and her friend.



We went to eat at Cheesecake Factory. It was a great meal and we got there early enough that there was no wait at all. We asked if they would sing to Brittany and they did, even though we declined on the cheesecake! They made her a little sundae in a glass and put a candle in it! It was so sweet of them! After dinner we went to Walgreens and picked out some nail polish and snacks then we went to Blockbuster and got a few movies, went to Cold Stone Creamery for Brittany's free sundae then went to hotel. The girls swam and Sherria and I decorated the hotel room. We then joined them swimming, although we liked the hot tub better. Afterwards we played twister and watched movies until we all fell asleep. In the morning, we had the free breakfast and I did everyone's nails while we finished up one of the movies. It was a very sweet time and we had a great time. Thanks for the great idea, Michael!!




4 comments:

A&EMom said...

What a fantastic idea! Good Job, Dad!

I might have to borrow it when our girls get (a lot) older!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Did you have to have a code to eat the Da Vinci pasta?? *LOL*

It sounds like an absolute blast!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! Great idea. ~Kim

NeeCee said...

I would have never thought of that. What a wonderful way to celebrate your daughter becoming a teenager!