Saturday, May 05, 2007

Leaving Jacob

Today we went to visit Jacob's gravesite.

It was a little rough. Emily, who until now has been too little to really understand, fell apart at the site and cried that she "missed him." Brittany was fairly stoic, as usual. Kaedra was running around looking at the other babies' flowers. Michael went and sat on a bench for awhile. I put Jacob's new flowers in and arranged them.

As we were walking away, I felt like something was wrong. I looked behind me, sure we had left one of the kids behind.

Of course, we had.

9 comments:

The Zandi Zoo said...

((HUGS))

Unknown said...

(((((Kahri)))))

An Ordinary Mom said...

Kahri, I am so sorry for the big hole you have in your heart for your little Jacob. My heart aches for you as well. God bless you!

Christa said...

Sometimes the truth hits you like a slap in the face, doesn't it?

I know that feeling.

May God continue to heal you as you bless His name.

Amelia Antwiler said...

May God be the Lifter of your head and the Lover of your soul in very sweet ways.

Ruth said...

May you feel God's arms around you. I feel such sadness just thinking about your day; I can never imagine the sadness that you feel. God bless you and keep you!

Melanie said...

speechless... no words, only hugs...

Pen of Jen said...

I am also without words, I just offer a prayer for your family to continue to be strong in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your pain Kahri. I can only imagine. (((Kahri))) Kim B.