1. My hubby calls me "Ed." He got this from my middle name which is Edra. My mother made that up to honor my grandfather whose name was Edgar. Hubby calls me Ed because I used to not like my name very much and because I liked that it paid homage to the grandfather who I am very fond of, although I never knew. Michael's best friend Steve used to call me Ed on and off too. I once got Michael a keychain that said "I love Ed." He wouldn't use it for some reason.
2. I love Hot Salt. I put it on everything. From my breakfast bagel with cream cheese, to my salad at lunch, to my main dish at dinner, to my popcorn snacks....I love my Hot Salt. It tastes really good mixed with sour cream and used as a veggie or chip dip, too. When I lived in NM I put green chile on everything. (see my ode to green chile here....and yes the Susan in the post is the one and only Penless writer, before she was blogging) As you can tell, I really like my food with a bit of a kick.
3. My hubby and I are big X-Files fans. That might surprise those of you who know I feel about TV, but we have the whole series on DVD so I can now consider it a movie! LOL. (More on my TV issue later.) We just started watching the series over again this weekend. We are on Season 1, number 2. We have a looooong way to go.
4. I don't like having an addiction to anything. If I start noticing that anything is taking me away from my priorities (God, hubby, kids, etc) or anything is consuming my thinking or anything is necessary for me to have a good day, I get rid of it. Just chop it right off. The whole "And if your eye is causing you to fall into sin, tear it out and away with it..." deal. Sometimes I just get rid of something for awhile, until I have control over it, sometimes it has to go for good. Some of the things I have gotten rid of: Dr.Pepper, TV, any non-Christian fiction books, certain friends, certain medications, Mint Oreos, Chunky Chips Ahoy, Pringles new Rice Szechuan Barbecue chips, Freecell. I am fairly un-sentimental about getting rid of them, too. My hubby thinks it's weird that I can just quit cold turkey, but that's the only way it works for me. I think that the enemy would have me believe I have an "addictive personality" but I know better. Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world.
4. I hate TV. My kids think "hate" is a bad word but I am going to use it here because I need to express my EXTREME dislike for TV. (And just so you understand, I mean actual TV programming, not the TV screen. I LOVE movies, just not TV) I have two problems with TV.
a) I think most of the stuff on it is mindless drivel that starts to consume normally smart, Christ-centered people and turn them into fanatics for something that has nothing to do with furthering the kingdom. I don't think most of it is "true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy" so I don't know why people are thinking of such things! I could go on, but you get my idea.
b) The second reason I dislike it is because I get sucked up into it! yup, back to #3 up there. I don't want to get addicted to it. I haven't had a problem like that in a few years, but it used to be an issue. When I would find a good show, I really wanted to watch it and I would try to schedule my whole day around it. I would get grumpy if the phone rang or the kids needed me. That's just silly! What had TV done for me lately???
5. I am fairly fearless. I will do most anything that needs to be done. Whether for fun or in need, I don't usually back down from anything. Case in point...Hubby and I were working on our
6. I am writing a book. I am working on several in my head, but I am actually physically writing one. It is a fiction book and God gave me the whole plot in a few minutes while praying one night. It is taking me years to write, but I think He's okay with that.
7. I don't have much use for it here, but I can execute a perfect parallel park in no time at all. :-) I might have nearly failed the driving-backwards part of driving school, but I aced the parallel parking!
8. I am a prankster. I love pulling pranks on my kids (especially involving water). Britty is starting to take after me, too, so we are always on our toes around here!
Okay, I tag: (trying to think of who hasn't done this yet and who isn't trying to stay off the computer at the moment...) Brandi, Jennifer, Sherria and Kim.