Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Seventeen (sort of)

Here are 17 scriptures that each, individually, have changed something in my life. (of course the list is not exhaustive, just the 17 that come most easily to my mind today! And this list is not about getting saved, they are things that I, having been saved, take to heart)

1. Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being;
as certain also of your own poets have said,
For we are also his offspring.

2. Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

3. 1 Peter 2:24
who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree,
that we, having died to sins,
might live for righteousness—
by whose stripes you were healed.

4. Gal 3:13-14
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law,
having become a curse for us
(for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus,
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

5. Gal 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ;
it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

6. Malachi 3:10
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the LORD of hosts,
“ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it."

7. Psalm 5:12
For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield

8. Phil 4:19
And my God shall supply all your need
according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

9. Phil 2:13
for it is God who works in you
both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

10. Eph 2:5-6
even when we were dead in trespasses,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
and raised us up together,
and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

11. Gal 4:7
Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son,
and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

12. Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of Christ.

13. Hebrews 1:13-14
But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“ Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

14. Mark 10:27
But Jesus looked at them and said,
“With men it is impossible, but not with God;
for with God all things are possible.”


15. Luke 8:50 (Kaedra's Verse)
But when Jesus heard it,
He answered him, saying,
“Do not be afraid; only believe,
and she will be made well.”


16. John 4:24
God is Spirit,
and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.


17.John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Okay, I KNOW I said Seventeen, but I have to include just one more....
(I will have to just close my bible after this, because I have tons more!)

18. Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.

No comments: