Sunday, September 24, 2006

Let's try this again

After giving up my sweet kitty last week (to a wonderful family, willing to work on his "problem"), I decided not to completely give up on the cat population. I went back to the drawing board, aka GOD, and asked for exactly what I wanted. I started searching in Petfinder for a young, female, housetrained Maine Coon in our region. I came up with a couple, although they had some VERY cute adults. But I knew that God gives me the desires of my heart, so I didn't give up. He led me to look at the Bartlesville SPCA and I found an adorable kitty that was not listed as a Maine Coon, but definitely had all the characteristics. I called and they gave me the necessary info and we all piled in the car and took a family trip up to Bartlesville. She is definitely as Maine Coon as she could be, without the paperwork, and she is a doll!

So, we brought her home and we have her in our room while she gets acclimated to the new surroundings. I am proud to say that she has already used her litter box! WOOHOO! She also kept Michael and I up almost all night playing with our toes. (sounds like Tempe) We haven't introduced her to the dogs yet, but we will do that later today.

So, without further ado, here is our newest member: Zoegirl





These are the pics they had on the SPCA website advertising her, we haven't taken any of our own yet.

1 comment:

The Zandi Zoo said...

Sooo sweet!!!