Monday, February 08, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook February 8, 2010

FOR TODAY...



Outside my window...beautiful, huge snowflakes coming down at a slight angle, softening everything and turning stark winter branches into things of beauty

I am thinking...if Ethan doesn't quit screaming, he will wake Brittany up. Which might not be a bad thing since it is 8:15

I am thankful for...being able to get up BEFORE the kids

I am wearing...capri sweats and a lavendar long sleeve shirt

I am remembering...what it's like to be prepared for school

I am going... nowhere today.  Going to enjoy the beautiful snow from the warmth of my house.

I am currently reading...Becoming the Woman I Want to Be by Donna Partow and Void by Mark Mynheir

I am hoping...hubby gets off early again

On my mind...redeeming the time

Noticing that...my littles really need a bath

Pondering these words...

Having once tasted the pleasure of inaction, you begin to like and prefer it to action. In satisfying this desire, you will little by little form a habit of inaction and laziness, in which the passions for doing nothing will possess you to such extent that you will cease even to see how incongruous and criminal it is; ...except perhaps when you weary of this laziness, and are again eager to take up your work. Then you will see with shame how negligent you have been and how many necessary works you have neglected, for the sake of the empty and useless 'doing what you like'. Lorenzo Scupoli


From the kitchen... nothing yet..it's our first day of South Beach Diet. Starting off with omelets.

Around the house... getting ready for school to start


One of my favorite things~a teeny glass angel my mom brought me from Germany. It was a Christmas present. It is in a small ruby box. It is actually too small to leave out, so I have to open the box and peek in at it to enjoy it.
From my picture journal...



Check out The Simple Woman's blog if you would like to read more day posts or join in!

2 comments:

Susan said...

The snow hasn't reached us yt, although as I typed this I looked out and a few very big, very wet flakes are falling. We are suppose to get 3-6".

Shirley said...

The snow really was beautiful this morning! I am happy that you enjoyed it, too!

Have a good week!