Usually I go through a self-evaluation around the New Year. I like to evaluate my mission ("I'm on a mission from God"), my goals, values, where my time is being spent, make long lists and all that other fun stuff. I didn't do it this year in January. Michael and I were praying through some thing in January and I didn't need more on my plate! Our life has been through some big changes in the last 2 months, though, and it is time for me to start sharing some of them!
1. Not very important to y'all...but a big change for us...we have gone low-carb. Not just for a "diet" but for a "way of life." We decided that we were very much addicted to the carbs and needed to cut down on the bad ones. I have decided to go VERY low carb myself since I have so much to lose, but everyone else is doing "good carbs." I know it has made us feel very healthy and we have all had good things happen from it. One of the most surprising is: my eczema is COMPLETELY gone!! Hallelujah!! After dealing with that my whole life, I am quite surprised!
2. Kaedra is capped again (meaning she is not using her trach) and we are looking at taking her trach out around the end of the month. That date will depend on a few things, including whether we are moving in the near future or not, but Dr. Carey wanted her capped for a month and that will be the right time period.
3. Michael is trying for a Sam's Club in Columbia, South Carolina. The job "closes" tomorrow and we should hear sometime after that whether he has gotten an interview or not. Although I have never been there, it looks lovely and definitely a place I am interested in. There is also a chance we will be trying for Fayetteville, Ar. We are praying about it right now.
4. Brittany is going to Cancun in the spring with David's family. She is VERY excited and we are excited for her! What a wonderful opportunity!!! WOOHOO! We are trying very hard not to be jealous. LOL!
5. My best friend is pregnant!! This will be her 9th baby, her 8th one here on earth with her. We are overwhelmingly thrilled for them! Just wish we were closer. (and not possibly moving to the opposite coast!)
6. My parents are coming for Easter. We are looking forward to a fun time with them.
7. The biggest change by far is: we have quit our church. We are trying some other churches right now, esp churches with Saturday night services. With Michael working overnights, that works out really well with his schedule. We are excited to see where God is leading us in this.
8. I am once again "circling my wagons." I am abiding in Christ, letting Him prune me and shape me. I am trying to make better choices for every moment of my day. I am trying to be more conscious of my life and not just busy living it. It is a wonderful close time with God but also brings my failures to the light. Not that I don't need that, I do, but it is never fun. I am working to make each day better and make better and better choices daily.
9. As a purely fun thing, Michael and I are getting to go to Branson again this year! It is our 10 year anniversary!! Sherria is coming to babysit that weekend and we will be able to leave Friday afternoon all the way through Sunday night! YEAH! We are going to Eureka Springs on Saturday during the day. We are VERY excited.
That is what is happening her in our neck of the woods. Big changes. Change is hard, but so enlightening. When you change you are really forced to come out of your comfort zone and re-examine so much. In doing that, you are more mindful of your life and less on "auto-pilot." I really appreciate this time with the Lord and following His will. What a wonderful opportunity.
Hope all is well with you!
I know I haven't been checking in on blogs recently. I am sorry. I got very behind and couldn't catch up. I have decided not to try to catch up and just go from here.
Blessings and Joy to you all!