Saturday, October 08, 2005

Why not to walk around for two months on a broken foot....

Well I broke my foot. How you ask? I have NOOOO idea. I know when though.....the day we moved the FAITH library. I was out by the truck talking with my friends and when they drove away, I limped into my garage. I had NO idea what was wrong or how I did it, just that all of a sudden my ankle/foot REALLY hurt. I was not able to go to the doctor, because soon after that Kaedy and I went to San Antonio. It hurt while I was in San Antonio on and off. When I wore my tennis shoes, it did not hurt nearly as much as when I wore my sandals. Some days I had a severe limp and others I hardly limped at all. When I got home, it still hurt but then we were caught up in bringing Kaedy home. Last weekend, I was coming down the stairs in the middle of the night when I stepped on that foot and it gave out. I fell down three stairs and pulled some muscles in my back. I went to the doctor on Monday afternoon and found out that my foot is broken, my ankle is sprained and my back muscles were pulled. I got some meds and a wooden shoe (no, not like what the Dutch wear). I go back to the doctor in 14 days and he will re-xray and decide what to do next - whether to cast it, keep me in the wooden shoe, or ??? Anyway, my foot feels MUCH better when I am wearing the wooden shoe. I accidentally came downstairs without it today and really really felt it. I am so glad I had a chance to go to the doctor!

We have a new nurse this weekend. She only works 9-5 so we fill in the times in between our night nurse's 12 hour shift. The new nurse, Kim, is very nice and really enjoys Kaedy. If she worked every weekend 9-9, she would be just about perfect! LOL

No comments: