Sunday, January 28, 2007

Born Again

Just finished reading Born Again by Charles Colson.

The funny thing is, some friends of my mom gave me this book when I was a teenager. I never read it and eventually gave it away. Now, 20 years later, I had to order it from the library and read it and I LOVED it. I learned about history (the Watergate era), politics and one man's very dramatic conversion. If you haven't read it, I highly suggest it. It was very good!

I am reading another of his books at the same time: How Now Shall We Live? about having a Christian worldview. It is very challenging in some areas and has quite a call on me at the moment. I have been working on a lot of the things that he talks about in the book, on my own. But it is good to hear the Holy Spirit reaffirming what you have heard by the Spirit, by reading it in the flesh.

I have many changes that I am making in my life in reference to my "peculiarity." I know I have been called out of the world's system and I am seeking to follow that call with every part of my being. I have made changes in the last few years to reflect that, but have not shined a light into every area in my life, as of yet. Actually, I have shone the light, just not followed up by completely cleaning those areas out. I am seeking to do that more all the time.

No comments: