Sunday, January 21, 2007

Menu Plan Monday (on Sunday)



Since I seem to be using my blog to organize and plan my life, I thought I'd contribute to Menu Plan Monday as well!

Monday: Wild Rice Chicken (make 2, freeze one)
Tuesday: Baked Ziti (going to try this new recipe)
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken Marsala (if I can find Marsala wine) (see below)
Friday: Homemade pizza
Saturday: Hamburgers on grill
Sunday: Dinner at church

Chicken Marsala Recipe:

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp basil, dried
3 tbsp butter or margarine
3 tbsp olive oil
4 to 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (1/2 to 1 cup sliced)
1/2 c Marsala wine

Instructions:
Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil; mix well. Heat oil and butter in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture.

Cook chicken until lightly browned on first side (about 2 minutes). Turn chicken and add mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 minutes more, until lightly browned; stir. Add Marsala wine to pan. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice.

For other menu plans, check out Organizing Junkie's Blog.

addendum: got lots of comments on the Marsala Chicken. This is actually one of our regular recipes. I just haven't found Marsala wine in a couple of months, since our nearby Albertson's closed down. The three Walmarts I have checked don't have it. I am going to see if Reasor's has it, if not, I can send hubby to the Albertson's near him!

16 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Looks like you are freezing food to get ready for Ethan!

Your menu looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Chicken Marsala is my favorite thing to order at Olive Garden...my mouth started watering as soon as I saw it listed! lol!!

Melanie said...

MMMMM, it all sounds so good, ummm except after reading Heather's blog it might be a while before I can eat baked ziti. LOL

Anonymous said...

The Ziti looks *scrummy*. Looks like something my children would love...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Your menu plan looks great! (Marsala wine is very easy to find, you can get it everywhere!)

Baked ziti is one of my husband's favorite meals. Yum!

Have a great Monday!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love chicken marsala and I've never made it. Please let us know how it turned out!

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds marvelous! I may have to give this a try next week (menu is planned for this week! {grin}.
You might be able to find the marsala wine in the same area where the vinegars/salad dressings are - that's where it's at in my store.
Thanks for sharing this!

Jen said...

Your menu looks absolutely awesome and the recipe is great...I have printed it out. Thanks for sharing.

mommaof4 said...

Your menu looks tasty! I think I'm going to try the Baked ziti. I have homemade pizza on my menu this week also. LOL

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks yummy! I think I'm going to try the baked ziti recipe. I have homemade pizza on my menu this week also. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yum! Your menu looks great - I think we'll try the chicken marsala next week!
Shawnele

Sandra said...

Great menu, and thank you for sharing the recipe, Chicken Marsala is soooo good.

Laura said...

Sounds like you have a great week planned! Thanks for joining in!
Laura

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I've never tried making Chicken Marsala. But it sounds delicious :)

Amber said...

Oooh! Aaaah! I LOVE chicken marsala but I've never tried to make it before. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

You are best to use Marsala wine found in the liquor store. The ones in the grocery store and salty and can overpower the other flavors.