Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Unplugged?

I had a blog for many years called: Our Peculiar Life.  It was started to document Kaedra's miraculous life and keep people informed about what was going on with her. After she stabilized and our life became more "normal" the blog morphed into just some this and that about our family. Most of the posts were still put through the filter of who I knew was reading them.  I frequently deleted or never wrote things that I really wanted to because of my audience. They were expecting something out of me, and I didn't always have that something.  Eventually, I gave up on the blog and the pretense that was going on while I was writing it.  It was literally too much work to keep up with keeping the readers happy.

This blog isn't about that.  This is all me.  I'm still peculiar (1 Peter 2:9).  My life is a giant adventure.  I am sitting next to Jesus on a honkingly huge roller coaster and switching between holding on to Him for dear life and raising my hands in the air and whooping with Him.

But this is me unplugged.

un·plug   [uhn-pluhg] Show IPA verb, -plugged, -plug·ging.
verb (used with object) 

1. to remove a plug or stopper from.
2. to free of an obstruction; unclog. 

3. to disconnect (an appliance, a telephone, etc.) by removing a plug: to unplug a toaster. 
4. to remove (an electric plug) from an outlet. 


I am removing my stoppers and freeing myself of obstructions. I am no longer clogged by trying to make others happy.  This is me.  


There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

1 comment:

Melanie said...

WooHoo! Looking forward to reading the unfiltered, unplugged thoughts! That's where things can happen!