Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook January 18, 2010

Would you like to linger on the simple things? Then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'.




For Today, January 18th....

(It's been awhile since I've done this...I am excited to be back!)

Outside my window...dusk after a beautiful, sunny, warm day

I am thinking...that I need to not look at the supposedly greener grass and start blooming where I am planted.

I am thankful for...my best friend of a husband who is my anchor amidst the chaos.

From the learning rooms...they are all closed down for tonight.

From the kitchen... the microwave is rapidly reheating Fancy Macaroni and Cheese ala Pioneer Woman. Brittany cooked it for us last night.

I am wearing...capri sweats and a long sleeve black t-shirt

I am creating...a Christmas present (still last Christmas) for Tarry. Can't say what it is, obviously. I am about half-way done. :-)

I am going...to keep praising the Lord.

I am reading...Try Darkness by James Scott Bell, Becoming the Woman I Want to Be by Donna Partow, some coupon books and various other things I am reading parts and pieces of.

Pondering these words...The love of God has been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit, and His love abides in me richly. I keep myself in the Kingdom of light, in love, in the Word; and the wicked one touches me not. (Rom. 5:5; 1 John 4:16; 1 John 5:18)


I am hearing... my own voice telling Kaedra to stop fussing!

Around the house...mostly picked up, mostly quiet, mostly winding down for the night.

One of my favorite things...tall girls who were supposed to be midgets.  (see Kaedra's story)

A few plans for the week...a webinar tomorrow night about couponing, lots of school, training the kids...nothing really exciting

A picture thought I am sharing...




I miss my niece Sherria!



Check out The Simple Woman's blog if you would like to read more day posts and find out how to participate in this sweet activity!!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I'm going to have to go read Kaedra's story...

I wish that my house was quiet and winding down. I'm sleepy....

I love what your thinking.. so true! Sometimes it's hard to do, though. Yay for you!!

Have a great week!

Susan said...

Good read.
Susan

Sherria said...

I miss you too!!!!