Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Going to Mexico (in theory at least)




The rest of this week and next week we are studying Mexico as part of our "Trip Around the World".  Because of that, we are going to eat my FAVORITE food for a whole week!!! Being from Albuquerque, New Mexico, I can NEVER get enough Mexican food. Unfortunately finding good Mexican restaurants is a little more difficult. Good thing I LOVE to cook, isn't it???

So, here are the dishes we are planning this week:

Pioneer Woman's Mexican Lasagna
Pioneer Womans's Shrimp Quesadillas
Pintos and cheese
Tres Leches Cake
Hominy Casserole (just for me, no one else likes it)
Homemade Flour Tortillas
Chicken Enchiladas
Mexican Bean Salad (aka Poor Man's Caviar)
Huevos Rancheros
Breakfast Burritos
Bean and cheese burritos
Green Chile Egg Muffins

(and of course plenty of green chile for me!!!)


No comments: