Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday 6/5/07 Kaedra update

Everything is going well. Kaedra is doing great. No problems at all. She is out of ICU and is on a regular floor now. She has no problems except being absolutely stir crazy in her confined area (she is MRSA positive so they won't let her play in the playroom or even leave her room). She is also getting extremely agitated when doctors or nurses approach her. I feel so bad for her. When we came in here everyone was commenting on how "good" she was and how she let them do their exams very easily. Well, after being stuck numerous times, operated on twice in two weeks and being attached to every machine in sight, she is d-o-n-e. She screams when they get near her. Flails around, kicks her feet. The whole nine yards. It doesn't even matter if they are just trying to give her a new gown!

We are still not in the Ronald McDonald house. Apparently someone dropped the ball on that one and we could have been in it this whole time. Looks like Satan owes us quite a bit of money. Have no fear, I will be calling that in. We cannot go there tonight because it is too late to cancel our hotel room. Hopefully we will be in there tomorrow night.

Yup, I said tomorrow night. Looks like we are here for a few more days. Nothing is wrong at all. Just trying to coordinate her getting a pic line (don't know how to spell that?) which they are going to do under sedation in radiology tomorrow sometime and then Pulmonology wants to see her again on Thursday to see how she is doing off of the vent. UGH. We are trying to fight that one and tell them we will just see our pulmonologist in Tulsa. If we can't get that done, we may not be out of here until Friday, depending on what time Pulmonology sees us on Thursday.

Everything is going very well. However, I am struggling to keep my joy. I guess the biggest prayer we need now is for me to keep my faith in The Word rather than what I hear. I am tired of trying to keep Kaedra, Michael, and Ethan happy. Prayers for getting out of here sooner, rather than later, would be great too. We still REALLY want to leave tomorrow. I am also frustrated with the fact that the infectious disease people want to see us up here quite frequently for the next 6 months. I know that they know we are 4 hours away, but they say they really need to see her and they will stretch it out as long between visits as possible. We are praying that they will let us see someone in Tulsa but so far, no go.

Once more, I want to say that I Praise God for how well everything is going. It really is. Satan keeps trying to throw us zingers but I know who my faith is in. They even let us take Ethan into ICU!! Thank you all for your prayers concerning that!

Thank you all!

8 comments:

The Zandi Zoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Continuing to pray for Kaedra and the entire family.

Mrs. O said...

You are an amazing person, a lot of people's joy quotient would've been depleted by now. Your faith is inspirational, and your family is in our prayers.

Christa said...

Kahri, I'm glad you all will be headed back home at the end of the week.

Poor Kaedy's had quite the week. I'm sure she'll be back to her regular self as soon as her feet hit the sidewalk. MRSA stinks because hospital rooms are so small when a kid isn't feeling sick but are stuck in them.

I can't lecture you on the "choosing joy" thing because I've flunked in that department this week, too. Let's just both try to do better tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

Checking in to see how sweet Kaedra is doing. :)

Praying for her to have peace with everyone coming in to see her.

And praying for you...for your overflowing joy! :)

... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

so good to hear that she's doing so well. you must be exhausted. i will continue praying until you're all home and feeling like life is back to normal... if there is a normal :]

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family today.

" ... be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10-11 (NIV)

Sounds like you are doing this. :-) It helps me to mentally put each piece of armor on before I get out of bed in the morning. Ephesians 6:13-18 :-)