Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday - Trillian


I have friends on three different Instant Message Systems: AOL, Yahoo and MSN. My friend, Melanie, introduced me to a great program a few years ago so I can talk to everyone with only one piece of software! It is called Trillian and it can be found at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/.

I use the *FREE* basic version which is wonderful and fits all of my needs. Now, when I log on to my computer, trillian logs on and I am automatically on AOL, Yahoo and MSN. (you can also have ICQ) My friends don't notice a difference on their side and I don't have to juggle 3 programs to talk to everyone on my side!

It has all the standard options of Instant message programs like smilies, hiding yourself and away messages and allows you to pick which networks you want to be logged onto (whether you choose all networks or just one is up to you). The only thing I really miss is the Yahoo Avatars, but I can live without that. ;-) Trillian even has some great sounds, if you want them, for the emoticons.

Highly configurable, free and it simplifies my life...what could be better??


Now check out other great ideas at Rocks in my Dryer.

2 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

What a godsend! Thank you for finding this and sharing this!

Rae said...

Brilliant idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm definitely checking into this. Happy Holidays!