I have decided to start getting ready for next year's Christmas today.
I realize it's not even this year's Christmas yet, but I'm not happy about how it has gone! I am going to work to make next year's better! So here are my ideas so far:
1. Make a Christmas organizer section in my household binder (would help if I got my household binder done!)
2. Buy all my gifts before the day before Thanksgiving. (buy some gifts year round, buy the rest of the gifts in the beginning of November)
3. Start a Christmas savings account in January.
4. Have the girls write articles for a Christmas newsletter, all year round.
5. Draw names for our big family name draw at the OU-Texas game next year. See if we can draw names just for kids.
6. Keep a readily accessible list of my Christmas wishes easy for hubby to find!
7. Put away all of our Christmas stuff this year in better boxes and better organized with better labelling in better order (put C1 towards the front of the attic, with the other stuff nearer to the back)
8. Before doing #7, declutter our Christmas stuff this year.
9. Buy a pre-lit tree after Christmas this year, give away our tree and lights.
10. Make a plan to start our advent book on Dec 1st.
11. Plan to make a Jesse Tree.
12. Plan for the stocking idea
13. start making homemade presents in January (keep list)
oops, I need one more!
14. Send packages and newsletters right after Thanksgiving