1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I agree with Brandi...Eggnog for Christmas, Hot Chocolate for camping. :-) (or snow days!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa usually leaves his presents on the fireplace or on the coffee table. I guess he doesn't have time to wrap ours! Or maybe he knows my kids loving seeing them as soon as they get downstairs. :-)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? On house: All white! (sorry Brandi) I don't like anything blinking on houses. I do like the large one-color colored lights around the edge of the house with hanging white icicle lights...that's pretty. On tree: we just recently switched to colored lights. I don't mind blinking lights on trees, but not chasing lights and I don't like the ones that a whole strand blinks at once.
4. Do you hang mistletoe, and where do you get it? In Oklahoma, there is misteltoe (real, living mistletoe) in about every third tree, so we don't need to hang it in the house! LOL
5. When do you put your decorations up? We try for the day after Thanksgiving, but it depends on the weather, too, and what else is going on.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry Salad
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: none
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? the truth? I believe in Santa! :-)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? it is not a tradition, but we have done it. In fact, last year we opened all the out of town gifts on Christmas Eve. This year we probably won't because we have church on Christmas eve night (as well as morning) and on Sundays we are usually exhausted by the time we get home!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The girls and I put up the tree while Michael is at work. Brittany and I put up the lights. When Michael gets home we put on the ornaments. I have the boxes numbered in order of what ornaments get put on first. (CO1 - first up, CO2 - second up, etc) We have so many ornaments (and we get more every year) that we have to prioritize! we put up handmade and personalized first, then special ones given by friends that aren't handmade or personalized, then, any remaining ones. We usually talk about our memories of each one as well.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Is this asking if I can stay in an upright position on skates? Maybe for 5 minutes at a time!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? no
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? spending the Christmas season remembering the "reason for the season" and making memories with my hubby and kids!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? egg nog ice cream
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Church on Christmas Eve and walking through the lights at Rhema.
17. What tops your tree? An angel. All her lights died, though, so we are looking for a replacement!
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy (by Bob Seger)
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like them in small increments. :-)