Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thunder

Sometime last year, I found a book of poetry at Goodwill that immediately called out to me. I love poetry, but don't often read it (or write it) anymore. This book, though, was by Maggie Aldridge Smith who spent her life in Oklahoma and Arkansas. She was born in 1913 and there are many pictures of Oklahoma and Arkansas throughout the book, as well as many of her family photos.  The back had Psalm 16:11 quoted and I immediately loved the book.

I haven't read the whole thing yet....

I am savoring it.

I don't want it to end.

I wanted to share the poem I read today:

Arkansas Pleasure -
Thunder

When Thunder happens
I feel this is God's pleasure, 
To let me know
He is still in full control. 
Though I cave in fear
And trembling, feel the earth move!
This is God's assurance
He is always, ever near.
So Lord, I pray
You will let me be
Likes James and John
Sons of Zebedee,
LOUD AS THUNDER
Of your love for me!

by Maggie Aldridge Smith

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That is a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing it...