Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life

In the beginning
It is dark.
I'm stripped empty
No life
hovering in winter, even as spring is
Budding, blooming, pollinating
Growing.
Am I crippled by an early freeze?
Frost glittering on my bare branches
Sparkling beautiful but dead?
Or will I be warmed?

And then there was light
The Son warming me
Coaxing life
thawing my brilliance
stripping me of all but Him

Drawing from my roots
And the sky above
I reach for Him
Seeking the living water
To quench my parched limbs
Once tasted
the water now a necessity

Growing, blooming, budding
but needing more
the ground: unforgiving
until His blood
finally satisfies all

And then there is life
luminous from within
from Him
I am bearing seed
according to my kind
His kind
And God saw that it was good.

-Kahri Lynn 4/28/10

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful poem! Did you write it?

Susan said...

Love, Love, LOVE this!!!!!