Friday, July 31, 2009

Battered


Warning: this is sort of a "poor me" post so if you want to keep your (mistaken) view that I am all joy and sunshine, you may not want to read this.

I feel like I am standing in an ocean, up to my waist in the water, being hit by wave after wave of bad news or circumstances. These waves aren't coming from just my life, but my close friends' lives too. There is time between each wave where I start to feel like everything is handle-able and then another wave crashes down. Because I am keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus, up above, I have kept my head out of the water. I am able to breathe. And go on. But I am tired of this constant battering.

I know the Truth. I know the Way. and I see the Light. It just seems a little bleary since I keep having to wipe ocean water out of my eyes.

So I lift my arms once again, praise Him and pray for the tide to go out.

or a surfboard.

4 comments:

NeeCee said...

I totally understand. I'm standing in the ocean right next to you! We'll keep each other company.

Amelia Antwiler said...

I understand this analogy.
Being buffeted on all sides...

don't forget what you're standing ON!! You have a firm foundation .. a solid rock that can not be shaken but it can become your fortress and bulwark.

Susan said...

ComfyDenim said it all so well. It is the firm foundation neither......can separate us from the love of God.
Susan

Sarah said...

Hello! I found you through #ff on twitter ~ I like your handle and thought I'd drop by for a visit. I'm glad to hear your are doing better ~ God must have tossed you that surfboard.

I prefer boogieboards myself, never could get the hang of surfing. Something to do with the coordination, I think! I hope your weekend is restful and peaceful for you!