Thursday, November 30, 2006

Movie Night

We watched two movies today....a big luxury! I had an OB appt so we got school done this morning and the older girls were supposed to go to Grandma's while I went with Kaedy to the OB. Grandma forgot we were coming and wasn't there when I got there, so we all headed over to the OB. Emily was very upset about this, so, to get her to stop crying, I promised we could watch a movie when we got home.

We watched Akeelah and the Bee when we got home. Then we made dinner, cleaned up and watched The Grinch (the Jim Carrey one). The girls were so thrilled to watch TWO movies on the SAME day WITH Mommy! WOWEE!!

I really loved one of them and didn't like the other one at all. Can you guess which was which?

Here are a few clues:
1. I hadn't seen either of them before
2. The one I would consider slightly offensive, was the one I loved.
3. I don't get all the hype about the other one AT ALL.
4. I barely made it through the one I didn't like.
5. As much as I disliked that one, I loved the other one, and can't wait to watch it again!


Okay, the one I loved is: Akeelah and the Bee.
I couldn't hardly stand The Grinch! UGH! I'll take the old one any day!

(And the offensive part of Akeelah and the Bee? Just a little of the language. Brittany and Emily didn't even catch it at all, except the guy spelling out "B U T T" but I thought that was hysterical! Once we get the TV Guardian, it will be a perfect movie!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We saw Akeelah and the Bee recently too. We all enjoyed it. A sweet movie with a nice storyline.

I agree with The Grinch. I am not a big Jim carrey fan though.