Sunday, September 26, 2010

Geocaching

We have been geocaching a lot since we moved home. For one thing, I was teaching a class at our co-op to the teenagers about geocaching. It was a lot of fun seeing the kids get excited about geocaching, especially when I was worried they wouldn't enjoy it.

Here are the kids after the first cache they found. It was a "ghost cache" and was a piece of the 9-11 towers.

While I enjoy any kind of geocache, Brittany enjoys the ones inside the city a little more. One afternoon we went and searched for 5 in Broken Arrow. We found 4 out of the 5.




The second time we were out with the teens, we found a cache that was actually a bus in the woods! I think it was the coolest find we have made, even if it did have a bit of poison ivy involved.








I even got one of my friends really interested in geocaching and she has taken to geocaching without even having a gps! We plan to go together soon. 

Looking forward to many more geocaching experiences to come!
If you are interested in knowing more about geocaching, check out geocaching.com.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Devoted said...

Great pictures! Arkansas has tons of geocaching opportunities. I have never attempted it but think I might like to give it a shot. This post has reminded me to talk my husband into an adventure!

Have a great week!

Lisa Marshall said...

Great photos, and you are such a fab teacher!