Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A whole lot of our move going on

I try to stick with old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." So.....I haven't been writing lately. Not that I can't say anything nice, there is ALWAYS something nice to say! But I have had a few bad days and trying to focus on the positive. Decided to wait for a positive day before posting a new blog!

But, it has been a very busy bit of time. Here is a summary:
1. Michael is now in Edmond.
2. He has had two interviews with North Carolina, he also heard that there are going to be two other openings in NC and if he doesn't get this one, he may get one of the others.
3. He has an interview with Dallas, TX on Thursday.
4. We have a realtor...a lovely lady Angela from Chinowth and Cohen. Our house will be listed no later than July 11th.
5. We have been working on the house to get it ready to sell.....boxing, fixing, painting, etc
6. I fell off a ladder on Saturday. Fell about 5-6 feet onto my upper back/neck/head area. Ended up in an ambulance then the ER for most of Saturday. Nothing is broken (except some ribs may be cracked) and I am getting better everyday, Hallelujah! I had to postpone our move for a week (I was targeting moving my July 1st, house on market by July 4th) while I recover and Michael had to delay going to Edmond for a day, but, other than that, it hasn't been a big problem in our plans. Obviously I am not going to finish painting the exterior of the house myself (I don't even want to SEE a ladder) so I will be hiring that out now.

So moving seems to be our big news. Not much else on our minds these days. We are still praying that we only have to move once. It would be such a blessing if Michael got promoted before we move to Edmond! We are also praying that our house will sell quickly and easily!

I have friends coming to help me pack Thursday morning and offers from lots of other friends. I plan on taking them all up! I do need boxes if anyone has access to any! I am unable to drive for a few more days so I can't go round any up at this time.

I am so thankful my hubby has a good job, thankful that I have my wonderful kids, thankful that we have a good Realtor, thankful that we have great guys fixing our house up for us, thankful for food on the table, thankful for no broken bones...just thankful. And I will concentrate on that.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Been waiting to hear from you!!! We can't help with the packing, work, etc. but we'll be by sometime today with 3 boxes. Two large and one smaller. Hope that will help. Naturally we are and will be praying.
Susan