Friday, January 09, 2009

Thankful Thursday 1-8-09



It has been a really long time since I've done a Thankful Thursday. I have been thinking of them but haven't had a chance to sit down and do it yet. Although today is already Friday, I am definitely in need of a Thankful Thursday post. I had such a horrible day yesterday and horrible night last night that I need to remember all I have to be thankful for!

So, without further ado....

I am thankful for.....

My Lord and Saviour! His mercies are new each morning, Hallelujah!

His Word: How awesome to have a manual, love letter, history book, biography, and so much more here for us to be able to dive into whenever WE want.

My hubby's job (even though it is not our SOURCE, I appreciate that it is a vehicle to get our needs met and keep me at home)

My hubby: he is hardworking, doing whatever his job needs him to do, taking care of his family

Brittany: She is such a lovely young woman, so much fun to be around, such a joy.

Emily: God gave me a really sensitive girl that feels everything. I know she has a job in the Kingdom using that skill

Kaedra: oh so loving right now and wanting to be involved in everything.

Ethan: such a little boy, so loud and fun, so loving

My church: for teaching the Word and how to apply it. For Pastor Danny and the time and effort he puts into the messages. For Pastor Jerry, Pastor John, Jennifer, Laura, Linda, Ben, Kenny and Lisa (and countless others) that keep everything running smoothly.

My friends: they are the icing on my cake. They add sweetness and joy to my life. Especially thankful for my best friend, prayer partner and accountability partner, Brandi.

Homeschooling: it is so wonderful to be able to stay home with my kids and be able to share their lives with them in such a consistent manner. I love seeing them grow every day and I am always amazed at what God can do with our day and with their lives.

Our nurses: I often think that I should be trying to do it without them and then I spend a night without them and wonder how I ever could. They are such a blessing in our life.

The Internet: I know there are a lot of "evils" with the internet..the obvious evils and the subtle evils but I am thankful that it is here and that it is so diverse and helpful. It helps me stay in touch with my friends when my life would seem very secluded without it. I even get to meet new people states and continents apart. It helps me with my homeschooling, it helps me with my running my house, it helps me with recipes and "how-tos"

I am so Thankful, Lord. Thank you, thank you, thank you for ALL your blessings.

See other Thankful Thursdays here

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great thankfuls!!! Praying for Michael and the interview today.

Denise said...

Beautiful thankful list sweetie.