Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blogging Without Obligation

I have a new icon on my sidebar. It says "Blogging without Obligation." That's my new motto....

I am back.....but without obligation.

I don't know how often I will post.
I can't promise to have witty posts.
I don't have time to read all the blogs I used to.
I don't promise to always comment if I do read your blog.
I don't promise to make this blog relevant to daily news or important in any global sense.
I will not always make you either laugh or cry.
I am not out for readership.
I am not looking at my stats.
I am not going to try to have the best blog out there.

This is a new thing for me. I am always an over-achiever. If I do something, I want to do it right. I want to do it in a big way. But this is not the season in my life for blogging in a big way.

Disclaimer: This notice is not really for my "real-life" friends. They already know all of this. I am just putting it here to remind myself and just in case someone out there besides them still reads my blog. :-)

7 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

OOoooo -- you got the pretty button!!!

You know what bugs me the most about blogging w/o obligation??? Knowing that my old post is just sitting there and I have to think of something to replace it with. *LOL* Of course, that's not true - but it can bug me if I let it.

Welcome back, without Obligation!!!!

Susan said...

I'm still here!!! And always have been.

Didn't realize you felt under obligation before. I never have. It is pure joy to me to share my thoughts and then share others thoughts. I still thank you for introducing me to this wonderful world of blog :o)
Susan

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about and praying for you today. (((HUG)))

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I too feel bad when I see or feel I have to say something like "sorry I have been gone so long" or "I am finally back". I like this new motto....blogging without obligation. Very cool! Kahri is cool! :-) ~Kim B.

Melanie said...

Hey, I am totally into blogging without obligation.. but then again, you already knew that didn't you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! I know how you feel. I still crave readership, but there are a lot of other things out there to occupy my time!

Ruth said...

That's my motto, too. I post and read when I can. I'm always glad to see your posts. No obligation required. =o)