Saturday, June 18, 2005

Today was another AWESOME day with Kaedy. I got there late, even though I got up at 6 am this morning to get going......I went grocery shopping first - hubby wanted me to stay home yesterday to hang out with him, and I don't shop on Saturdays, so he convinced me to get up early and go. Since we are still new to the Atkins diet I am checking every label, so it took a looooong time to shop. I got out of there, came home, unloaded and put everything away, took a shower and FINALLY got to the hospital.

Kaedy was asleep but as soon as I said "hi" she opened her eyes and gave me a HUGE smile. Raj came in to give her a breathing treatment (he said he had already been waiting for me to come for hours so he HAD to do it then) so I couldn't pick her up. I sat her up in the crib and we played with her dancing monkey (and she danced again) and we played with her little yellow guy that laughs. Everytime the little yellow guy laughs he says something like "woohoo" or "yippee." I would copy him and say the same thing and Kaedy would laugh out loud! It was SOO cute. We also sang, played patty cake, and read. After an hour or so we started to get tired so we put the mat on the ground and slept for awhile. I love sleeping with her. I love feeling her hot breath on my face and I like it when she plays with my face. She likes to put her hands in my mouth...she is exploring!

She had another milestone today - she took a toy and put it in her mouth! They have been wanting her to do that and she finally is!

I bought the girls a slip and slide this morning at Walmart. I knew they would be excited and that way they would have something fun and cool to do in this hot weather whithout leaving home. They hooked it up and started to use it and it broke immediately!!! I have to take it back this week. They did have fun on it, anyway, though. Brittany spent the last few days at a friend's named Averi. She had a GREAT time over there and got to relax and really have some fun. It is nice to have great friends!!!

I have to figure out how to make my schedule work a little better. I need a "little" fine tuning on it. I am still having problems figuring out childcare for my kids while I see Kaedy, getting everything done at home, getting school done and feeding my family home cooked meals! I WILL get it all together though. I have the mind of Christ! (1 Corinthians 2:14-16)

No comments: