Saturday, January 09, 2010

January 9 - Crown of Thorns



Crown of Thorns

Underneath our Christmas Tree we always have a nativity. Of course, this is to remind us of the story of Jesus' birth, which we are celebrating with Christmas. However, atop our tree, sits a crown of thorns.  This is so we don't stop with His birth but we remember the most important thing of all....Jesus' sacrifice for us. 

When I saw the crown of thorns today, I knew I was going to take a picture of it for what I was thankful for. I was sitting at my table, trying to decide how I could best show it off for the picture.  But then I thought....it really doesn't need to be shown off. This is more realistic.  Jesus' death was ugly, messy and the most impossibly beautiful thing in the whole world.  And His presence is right smack in the middle of my ugly, messy life, turning it into something beautiful too.

4 comments:

Lisa Marshall said...

Spot on. I would love a perfectly ordered life too, but this is the reality. So meaningful, so real. Thanks.

NeeCee said...

Love it! Great post.

Susan said...

Yes, He is and yes, He does and yes, He is!!!....because it is He who must do it.
Susan

Unknown said...

Love this! And YOU! :)